Unless you’re living under a rock, if you’re in Chicago, you know the Stanley Cup Playoffs are going on. And if you want to head out to cheer your Blackhawks on, check out one (or more) of our favorite places to watch the hockey games.
1. Emerald Loop. This downtown bar is a great place to watch the games because while the crowd is a lot of fun, it’s never too crowded. If you’re looking for a place where you and your friends can probably get seats during the playoffs, and still have a rowdy good time, head over here after work. You won’t be disappointed. The bar in the Emerald Loop has multiple televisions showing the Hawks games and an extensive menu. If you go for dinner before the game definitely get the Bangers & Mash or Fish & Chips. For something lighter their oversized salads are excellent. And of course your favorite pint will taste good with any food option.
2. West End. Next we head to another favorite that’s bound to be a different experience – West End will most likely be packed with Hawks fans during the games. This bar located in the West Loop opens at 3pm for home games (4pm for away) so you can get your good time started a little sooner. And if you’re lucky enough to be going to playoff game #5 this Saturday when the teams return to Chicago, West End is running free shuttles to and from the United Center!
3. Cork & Kerry. With a shout out to the Southside, our next pick is Cork & Kerry’s located in the Beverly neighborhood on Western Avenue. If you’ve ever gone to a Southside Irish Day parade, you’ve undoubtedly gone to Cork & Kerry’s afterwards. It’s a great place to watch the Hawks games while munching on Irish Egg Rolls and drinking all the Guinness or Smithwicks you can handle.
4. McGee’s. I’m a little biased with this next pick since I frequented it in college, but since I’m hitting different neighborhoods I’m going with my favorite Lincoln Park bar as the next best place to watch the Hawks. McGee’s Tavern and Grill is a great neighborhood sports bar. It has a ton of big screen, high definition televisions, and there isn’t a bad seat in the place. If you want to watch the game at a bar with a real down to earth, neighborhood feel, head over to McGee’s. Added bonus – they have the best burgers in town.
5. Murphy’s Bleachers. I know, I know – this is a Cubs’ bar. Murphy’s has been a fixture in Wrigleyville for 80 years. However, when you walk in, you’ll see it’s a great all-round sports bar. The owners of Murphy’s have been collecting sports memorabilia forever. Murphy’s is still family-owned and operated, and is one of the best places in town for local craft beers. So pull up a bar stool and watch the Hawks at this famous neighborhood fixture.
Read these reviews of the top USA casino sites at CasinoSitesUSA.com and find out where you can bet on your Chicago Blackhawks online!
More Articles from The Chicago Traveler
Submit your review