Chicago is known for its incredible food, but that recognition doesn’t just come from the Windy City’s many fine dining establishments. In fact, some of Chicago’s most memorable food can be found at locally owned and operated hot dog stands. For the perfect lunch or dinner on the go, we suggest the following sausage stands, diners, and sit-downs. What better way to enjoy the sights and sounds of Chicago than with a tasty dog topped with all the fixings? Here are out Top 10 ::
1. Hot Doug’s :: Offering a variety of hot dog styles to meet anyone’s tastes, you won’t be disappointed when you eat at Doug’s.
2. Portillo’s :: Sure, it’s a chain. But with so many crowd-pleasing dishes, who can complain?
3. Superdawg :: With its classic drive-in atmosphere, Superdawg is a fun place for the whole family to grab a bite.
4. Westminster Hot Dog :: Serving only handmade food with the freshest ingredients, Westminster won’t let you down.
5. America’s Dog :: Recently named one of the best restaurants in downtown Chicago, America’s Dog offers tasty patriotic fare.
6. Wiener Circle :: A super stand offering the best in late night cuisine (they’re open until 5 a.m. on the weekends), the Wiener Circle is a Clark Street staple.
7. Gold Coast Dogs :: With locations sprinkled throughout the city, a quick bite from this eatery always hits the spot.
8. Byron’s Hot Dogs :: Loyal customers come from near and far to enjoy the classic American tastes that can only be found at Byron’s.
9. The Clark Street Dog :: Giving the Wiener Circle a run for its money as best hot dog joint on Clark Street, it’s up to you to decide whether or not this spot earns its coveted namesake.
10. Man-Jo-Vin’s :: Serving classically delicious food for generations, this Chicago spot is definitely worth your while.
What do you think? Any we missed ::: let us know in the comments below so we can go and try em’ out!
More Articles from The Chicago Traveler
Submit your review