Of course in Chicago we haven’t had the best weather. The past couple of days haven’t been bad, but we are certainly not done with winter. So come along with me as I plan out my points of interest for the year. Some of these I have been to and really enjoyed like a Cubs game, but are great to see again and again. And if you are going to visit Chicago, you must do all 10!
Here is the list in no certain order:
1. Cheer on the Chicago Cubs and sing “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” at historic Wrigley field.
2. In June check out The Chicago Blues Festival. Sing along and cry while listening to real Chicago blues.
3. Go to the top of the Sears Tower, voted one of the seven wonders of Chicago, and look at the stunning view.
4. Spend the morning at the Art Institute of Chicago. It was ranked as one of the world’s best art museums
5. Enjoy exotic marine life at the Shedd Aquarium and Oceanarium
6. Enjoy a view of the skyline at sunset on a Chicago Architecture Foundation river cruise.
7. Enjoy a family activity while at Navy Pier.
8. Enjoy the Taste of Chicago Festival in June and July. It’s so big it lasts through two weekends.
9. Visit the Lincoln Park Zoo which is free to visitors every single day of the year.
10. Take in some comedy at the Second City Comedy Troupe that has been in Chicago since 1959. Some of their famous almuni include Martin Short, Chris Farley, John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd. They also have classes if you want to try out your own funny bone.
As you can see there is so much to do in Chicago. This is a small list. There is so much more and I will make sure I cover them all this years in The Chicago Traveler.
Leave a Review!
More Articles from The Chicago Traveler
Submit your review